2020 FOCUS ON IRELAND 7 DAYS
A private tour of Trinity College with fast-track entry to the Book of Kells, a Jaunting Car ride in Killarney, luscious green countryside, dramatic coastal scenery and the ‘lilt’ of Irish voices all make for an exceptional journey.
- Killarney: Choose between a memorable ride on a horse-drawn jaunting car with the local jarveys or admire incredible scenery on a gentle hike with a Local Expert along the lake shore.
- Dublin: Join a university insider for a guided walk through Trinity College before skipping the queue to see the iconic Book of Kells.
TOP RATED HIGHLIGHTS
- Dublin: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see the Custom House, Guinness Storehouse, Dublin Castle and the Georgian townhouses as you travel down O'Connell Street and along the River Liffey.
- Galway: An orientation with your Travel Director will show you the Lynch Memorial, Church of St. Nicholas, Spanish Arch and Eyre Square.
- Adare: Experience a village walk through the main street lined with thatched cottages.
- Cliffs of Moher: Stop by the Exhibition Centre and overlook the Wild Atlantic Way from these majestic cliffs.
- Killarney: Enjoy hearing of the history of Killarney during your city orientation.
- Ring of Kerry: Venture into a world of towering cliffs, lake lands and remote villages as you travel the Ring of Kerry.
- Blarney: Dangle from the ramparts to kiss the Stone of Eloquence, and never be lost for words again!
- Cobh: The Queenstown Story at Cobh retraces the steps of Irish emigration from the famine of 1845 to the great ocean line era of the 1950s. This is a must for those with Irish ancestors who crossed the Atlantic during this time.
- Cork: Your Travel Director will show you the Grand Parade and South Mall, along with City Hall and the Opera House.
- Scenic Drives: Irish scenery is some of the most beautiful in the world. Relax and admire the views as your travel through Burren, Derrynasaggart Mountain and along the Ring of Kerry.
- Killarney: Join John and Freda Sheehan for an evening of local fare in a beautiful setting. Enjoy great food and drink during your Farm-to-Table experience in a relaxed atmosphere, while the chef explains the secrets behind some of Ireland's best-loved dishes.
- Cork: Celebrate Irish style! Join in the ‘craic’ over dinner with fabulous local flavours and wine.
- Dining Summary: 6 Breakfasts (B), 1 Dinner (D) and 3 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
INCLUDED INSIGHT SERVICES
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
IN DUBLIN’S FAIR CITY.
Welcome to the land of legends, misty mountains, lovely lakes and friendly greetings. At Dublin airport, transfers leave for your hotel at 08:30, 11:00 and 13:00. Meet your Travel Director at 14:30 for a Dublin orientation, taking you past the Custom House and along O’Connell Street. Travel along the River Liffey to see the Guinness Storehouse and Dublin Castle, before admiring the historic buildings of the Georgian section of the city. Enjoy priority entry to the 9th century Book of Kells and walk through the cobbled courtyards of Trinity College accompanied by a university insider who will share insights into modern life and the establishment’s impressive history. In the evening, join your Travel Director for a warm and friendly Welcome Reception with drinks and the opportunity to mingle and get to know each other over the evening.
DAY 2 - RELAXED START
TO GALWAY, CITY OF THE TRIBES.
Leave Dublin and set off through the delightful landscape of the Emerald Isle. Pass by the former fortress town of Athlone on the River Shannon, to reach historic Galway, the City of the Tribes, at the mouth of the Corrib River. Join your Travel Director to see the infamous Lynch Memorial and the Church of St. Nicholas, where Christopher Columbus reputedly prayed before his discovery of America. Also see the aged Spanish Arch and Eyre Square, dedicated to the late US President, John F. Kennedy.
DAY 3 - RELAXED START
THE CLIFFS OF MOHER, ADARE AND KILLARNEY.
Take the scenic route through the mysterious rocky limestone landscape of the Burren, with its underground caverns, streams and rare flora. Stop at the Exhibition Centre, situated next to the 700-foot Cliffs of Moher with breathtaking views of the Clare Coast. Continue past the city of Limerick, stop in quaint Adare and take a relaxed village walk to see its thatched-roof cottages. In the evening, stay in the heart of the action in lively Killarney.
DAY 4 - RELAXED START
RING OF KERRY EXPERIENCE.
This morning enjoy an Insight Choice. Choose between a memorable ride on a horse-drawn jaunting car with the local jarveys or admire incredible scenery on a gentle hike with a Local Expert along the lake shore. After, take a leisurely excursion around the magnificent Ring of Kerry with stunning views of mountains and sea. Pass through the small towns of Killorglin, where the famous Puck Fair takes place, and Cahersiveen, birthplace of the great patriot, Daniel O'Connell. Follow the narrow road as it winds along the cliffs to the fishing town of Waterville. Continue through delightful villages like Sneem and cross the peat bogs of the Black Mountains to Moll’s Gap to admire Queen Victoria’s Ladies View. The rest of the afternoon is at leisure. Maybe take the opportunity to hire a bicycle and enjoy one of the many scenic trails around the lake or through the National Park? For your Farm-to-Table dining experience, enjoy some Irish home cooking in the kitchens of chef John Sheehan. Join John and his wife, Freda for drinks and a personal insight into classic Irish recipes that are loved throughout the world. Then, settle down for a night of great food and drink in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere.
DAY 5 - RELAXED START
BLARNEY CASTLE AND COBH ON THE WAY TO CORK.
Journey along the rugged Derrynasaggart Mountains to visit the 15th century Blarney Castle, home of the famous Stone of Eloquence - once kissed, never forgotten! Then drive to the pretty riverside village of Cobh, which was the last port of call for the Titanic. Walk through the Queenstown Story exhibition at the Heritage Centre, which recounts the era of Irish emigration and the life of this once great passenger port. Continue on to Cork along the spacious Grand Parade and South Mall and see the City Hall, Opera House and fine Georgian houses en route to your hotel. In the evening, raise your glass and revel in rich flavours at a lively Celebration Dinner.
KILKENNY AND DUBLIN.
Drive through prime farmland to the medieval city of Kilkenny,with its majestic castle and River walk. Browse the medieval mile before returning to Dublin and your hotel, located in the heart of Dublin’s leafy south side just minutes from the city centre. The rest of the afternoon is at your leisure to further explore if you wish.
Your memorable trip comes to an end. Departure transfers arrive at Dublin airport at 07:00, 09:00 and 10:30.